創校歷史 The Early Years
In August 1984, our group of educators understood the importance of enlightening young children. Based on our enthusiasm and love for education, we established Greenville Anglo-Chinese Kindergarten, the goal is to create a happy, healthy and caring learning environment for children and develop holistic education for young children. Our school name "Greenville" is based on greenness, health and vitality. Greenville’s performance is derived from wise, noble and elegant words which is same as inside and outside. We hope that children educated here can grow up happily with a beautiful and innocent environment. December 2007 was an epoch-making year for our school. The board of directors decided to establish the Greenville Educational Institution to run the school as a charitable organization; provide better quality pre-school education services for children and give back to our stakeholders for their support over the years. After we switched from a standalone kindergarten to a non-profit-making kindergarten, children can enjoy the benefits of the pre-school subsidy scheme, and parents can also relieve the pressure of coping with education expenses.
Over the years, we have adhered to biliteracy and trilingualism, constantly optimizing school-based curricula, inspiring children's potential, cultivating virtuousness, enhancing their creativity and exploration ability to lay a good foundation for future primary school. In the days to come, we will still stick to our convictions to do our best to enlighten young children with "love", care and warmth to preschool education.
辦學宗旨及目標 Mission & Vision
Nurture young children and provide quality service is our goal. To enable young children to achieve balanced development in morals, intellect, physical fitness, social skills and aesthetics to prepare for future education.
- Build a safe and clean environment for children to learn happily.
- Take care of children's physical and mental health and protect their rights.
- In order to continue children's interest in learning, we will give children a pleasant learning experience.
- Children's good living habits and learning to solve problems and thinking.
- Cultivate children to like reading and let them know that reading is an important way to seek knowledge.
- Children come from different families and have different abilities. We hope to see children make progress every day.
- Create an open and harmonious working atmosphere, allowing faculty and staff to show their strengths, team work and improve teaching quality.
我們的團隊 Our Team
Our board of directors is composed of social professionals, including justices of the peace, barristers, university lecturers and senior early childhood educators.
We have a stable and experienced education team. The principal, foreign teachers, Mandarin teachers and regular teachers are all registered qualified teachers. More than half of the teachers have obtained a bachelor's degree or above. Teachers of our school have also been awarded certificates of commendation by Committee on Respect Our Teachers Campaign for many years.